Saturday, October 27, 2012

iPad and Animoto: A Window Into The Classroom

One of the changes I've made this year is using Animoto more frequently to create monthly slideshows of our class photos, and publishing them to our class web page. It's easy to do but adds an extra virtual window into our classroom.
A Window That Apparently Opens Up To An Upside Down Map

It's easy because I am using iPad to take the photos, and rely on "Photo Stream" to synch the photos with my computer. It would be even easier if I liked the Animoto iPad app, but I abandoned it because it doesn't allow me (as far as I can tell) to change the photo speed rate, which I find is critical in making a slideshow.

It's not a big deal though, because "Photo Stream" makes photos taken on my iPad magically appear in iPhoto on my laptop. Then it's just a quick upload and a slow, agonizing decision on the music, and voila! A new slideshow every month:

The August Slideshow
(I should have chosen this style and music for spooky October, but I was fascinated in using extremely intense music to show something that was the opposite)


The September Slideshow


The October Slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...