Saturday, June 8, 2013

Posts: A Slick iPad App for Offline Blogging

School's out for me now. This normally means I have a lot of time to write. I hope for this summer the trend continues. I'm without an Internet connection for the next couple of days, so I'll be using Posts by Pico to plan some future... wait for it... posts.

Right now the app is free and does pretty much what I want a blog managing app to do:

1 It doesn't belittle me for trying to write a post offline. Do you hear me Blogger App For the Ipad? I'm calling you BAFI for short. 


Oh BAFI lets me write a post offline too, but he hates me for trying. He assumes I made a mistake. When I try to save my post BAFI blurts, "Internet connection appears to be offline." I know this already, okay BAFI? I don't need your lip. And yet after the message gets saved, there's a little message attached to my saved post that says, "Retry Upload." Like everything is not okay because it is not saved online. Like my draft post is an error. 

The Edublogs App That Is Located On The Ipad is much worse. I'll call her TEATI-LOTI. She won't let you write anything if you are offline and she expresses her dissatisfaction by inundating you with error messages. 

And worse yet is the Weebly app. I'm just calling him Weebly. "An error occurred"  is all I get for opening him up offline. 

Well thank goodness Posts dropped the attitude. And is actually very welcoming when I try to write something offline. It expects me to, and I love it for that. Which brings me to my second point...

2) 1) It allows me to manage as many blogs as I want. Do you hear me BAFI, TEATI-LOTI, and Weebly? I don't need your casual features or snarky attitude anymore because Posts takes care of everything for me.

Now what I should do is write a solid review of Posts, sharing the features that I like or have questions with, but I'm outside and I'm getting eaten by mosquitoes, so that will have to be for another day.

What blog manager do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...