Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Updated Workshop Presentation For Digital Literacy

Today I got the news that I've been chosen to present at the NESA (North East South Asia Council of Overseas School) Educators Conference this Spring.



I decided I'd spend the afternoon updating my presentation. I'll go into it in depth in later posts, but below is my updated "Developing Digital Dendrites: Teaching Internet Literacy" Prezi.
The changes I made are primarily from feedback I got from my initial presentation at Lincoln, but they're also from some new blogs that my kids and I were trying at the end of the semester. They are:

- Added selected posts from both student blogs and our class blog.
- Trimmed the embedded videos to be much shorter and relevant.
- Added duckduckgo's tracking page to the presentation.
- Dropped the Play It Off Cat video showing the dad yelling at the son. Some people were uncomfortable with it.




What this doesn't show is where my sources came from. I do mention each one in the presentation when I give it. They are also in the bookmarks I give out. But for the purposes of this post, I'd like to give credit to:
Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano  and
Bill Ferriter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...