Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Picture Book Trailers: Part 1

Before I had video cameras for my class, I made book trailers for picture books. I took selected pictures of the book, and then put them together using iMovie HD. I used the popular "Ken Burns Effect" for the pictures, and overlaid the images with text. It's a lot of preparation, but the featured trailers have excited every class since I've started showing them a few years ago:

Skippy Jon Jones by Judy Schachner



Flotsam by David Wiesner


The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka


My plan was to start using Animoto to make editing easier, but then we got video cameras for the classroom and iMovie '11 came out. I stopped making book trailers for picture books, and started making trailers for the chapter books we were reading by acting out the important scenes. I miss picture book trailers though. In my next post, I'll explore how to do them using the iMovie '11 and the iMovie for iPad trailer templates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...